In case you need to get your patio, driveway or swimming pool area paved, you would obviously be wondering how much it is going to cost you. The simplest way to start out is by making enquiries about the cost of paving per square metre. However, the information is not enough and you will have to obtain quotes from different service providers.While you are at the task of getting quotes from local companies offering paving contractor services in Perth, you may be interrogated about a few things. Some of those questions can include:
- What do you want to get paved – pathway, driveway, patio, pool area, etc.?
- Is the surface sloping or level?
- Which kind of pavers do you want?
- Do you need simple or border pavers?
The reasons why you can be asked such questions are given below:
- If it is driveway, most professionals would advise you to lay a base of concrete. For a pathway, gravel base will be usually suggested. In case you have a patio, the base would be less dense than that of a driveway.
- Getting a level surface paved usually costs less than a sloping one. The difference in service charges may be a few dollars for every square metre.
- Some types of pavers are easy to lay out than the others.
- Border pavers can help to add contrasting and complex patterns, but they are more expensive than simple ones.
At times, you may find that suppliers are providing with recommendations about experts they know. Nevertheless, you must obtain quotes from more than one service provider. This is because many reputed paving companies in Perth supply as well as provide installation services, and you might just miss out on them if you stick to the recommendations of the suppliers.
Although the rate of square metre can help you in calculating precise materials cost, it would be better if you do not rely upon it for measuring the exact charges of installation. For example, if a certain professional charges more and gets the work done in less time and another one charges less and completes the work in more time, your best bet would be the former. This is because the work done by them would be more professional and less expensive on the whole. However, you should not forget to consider the top features of an efficient paving contractor